Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cambios





















In the states it seems that missionaries remain in an area 6-9 months at a time, but in our mission it was common to get a letter to "cámbiese inmediatamente" to whatever the new service location would be. Most looked like the one above, but could also come in the form of a visit from the APs. My longest transfer was from Tapachula to Valladolid, a trip of about 22 hours.

In the mission where I now reside, a mission van travels around picking up missionaries for transfers and they ride together. I remember riding with another missionary halfway to Valladolid. Sister Perez, was the other missionary. We talked during the day and she got off at Villahermosa while I travelled on. I don't know how many other elders and sisters travelled together, but I'm sure it was rare, but travelling alone was the norm.

It didn't matter a lot if you didn't know where the new apartment was, the taxi drivers could usually take you there for about 10 to 30 pesos, depending on what city you were in.

No comments:

Post a Comment